Chef de Partie
The Groucho Club is seeking a Chef De Partie to be a part of the team that brings to life this renowned Private members club in heart of Soho, London. A Groucho Club Chef De Partie is an ambassador for our mission: To be the place where “Going out, feels like coming home”. A Chef De Partie will excel at cooking in this fast-paced, dynamic club, while executing each dish’s design with excellence. This position actively embodies and inspires the Groucho Clubs Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity. Service periods will include Lunch, Brunch, and Dinner.
- Able to execute and maintain the preparations, recipes, mise-en-place, and service of the assigned section while being mindful of others.
- Have a knowledge base regarding, and be able to demonstrate classic cooking techniques including, but not limited to; roasting, grilling, baking, frying, sautéing, braising, and larder.
- Able to demonstrate proper knife-skills and work space tidiness in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain mental athleticism and coordination with other stations for proper timings in the service.
- Strong communication skills to convey needs and complete each task in a professional manner.
- Maintain and ensure proper plate presentation and cleanliness for each dish.
- Stay up to date on menu changes for all Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert shifts.
- Set up station according to Chef’s/sous chefs guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef/sous chef.
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps a clean, safe, organised work station.
- Uses/cleans/maintains all equipment in the kitchen properly.
- Assists with clean down and organisation of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef.
- Conforms to current health and safety practices.
- Sound understanding of professional cooking.
- Knife handling skills.
- Following recipes without direct supervision.
- Sound kitchen etiquette and safety.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues.
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanour.
- A high level of product and ingredient knowledge.
- Confidence in effectively communicating any inconsistencies to Sous Chefs and teammates.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid holiday per year.
- Staff meals daily.
- Pension scheme.
- Recommend a friend scheme where you can earn to work with your friends.
- And all the other things that get us excited such as staff parties, food and cocktail tasting and working alongside London’s best members.
The Groucho Club is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
For further information on how your personal data is processed, please visit our GDPR Privacy page.
No agency support required – direct candidates only please.