Events Assistant Manager
The Groucho Club is looking for an experienced Events Assistant Manager to join our events department. The Events Assistant Manager needs to have proactive energy, a positive can-do attitude and friendly personality alongside all the other skills that make you a top employee. Why is this so important? Because all our employees are part of one team that all individually impacts on the experience our members enjoy within the Club. That experience is what makes us unique.
Our Events Assistant Manager will need to be experienced in the sales and coordination in running events.
- Oversee all private events supported by one Events Director.
- Planning events from start to finish according to requirements.
- Ensure all events run smoothly to ensure repeat business.
- Reply to all event enquires within a few hours.
- Complete events administration such as menus, door signs, place cards, function sheets etc.
- Check the set up for rooms and fully brief the floor team.
- Check events rotas.
- Check all function sheets.
- Update top sheet to ensure all staff are aware of weekly events.
- Make sure the events team are up to date with all billings, invoicing and double check all bills post events.
- Chair the weekly events meetings.
- Communicate daily with the Executive Chef & Head Chef and make sure they have all correct function sheets.
- Check the daily sheet and ensure all is up to date.
- Attend the daily 10.30am meeting and 4.30pm meeting to run through the events for the day.
- Ensure the events side of the website is up to date.
- Ensure all marketing & sales material are up to date and reflective of the business in terms. of quality; for both online and hard copies.
- Oversee up to 30 events a week.
- Read the DOR daily.
- Conduct show arounds of the Club and events spaces.
- Check all menus and signs for each event.
- Be fully trained on equipment in case any problems occur.
- Build long term relationships with current clients.
- Maintain and develop relationships with corporate bookers.
- Have at least 3+ years’ experience working within either a hospitality, arts or media environment as either events coordinator or events manager.
- Experience working with Millenia is desirable.
- Must have an outgoing, confident and bubbly personality.
- Be smart and well presented at all times.
- Must have a good understanding on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Sufficient experience of devising strategies to deliver growth and add value, in
line with objectives.
- Significant experience of working towards annual financial targets.
- Considerable experience of devising effective marketing communications for new
and existing audiences.
- You must have exceptional communication skills.
- The ability to channel and manage customer feedback effectively.
- The ability to work effectively with digital platforms and social media.
- The ability to create best practice tools and approaches for new work streams.
- You must have the ability to interact successfully at several social levels and across diverse values.
- Proficiency to carry out multiple assignments concurrently is desired.
- Competitive salary.
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year.
- Pension scheme.
- Private Health Insurance.
- And all the other things that get us excited such as staff parties, food and cocktail tasting and working alongside London’s best members.
Apply using the form above.
No agency support required – direct candidates only please.