The Groucho Club is looking for an experienced Events Manager to oversee our events department. The Events Manager needs to have proactive energy, a positive can-do attitude and friendly personality alongside all the other skills that make you a top employee. Why is this so important? Because all our employees are part of one team that all individually impacts on the experience our members enjoy within the Club. That experience is what makes us unique.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership of growing our events department and have creative solutions to increase revenue in this department. We are looking for innovation and a creative attitude in packaging and promoting events at our Club.
- Budget management (create daily, weekly & monthly forecast for the Managing Director, Finance Director & General Manager).
- Build long term relationships with current clients.
- Monthly review and measurement of marketing activities calculating potential / actual against budget.
- Develop Pro-active & measurable event marketing plans.
- Maintain and develop relationships with corporate bookers and identify new bookers.
- Present monthly marketing ideas to increase revenue.
- Develop the database.
- Ensuring the events side of the website is up to date.
- Setting offers/mail-out and managing performance on Mail-Chimp.
- Review any websites / 3rd party online promoting the Club to ensure all information is relevant and up to date.
- Monitoring local competitors, completing competitor analysis as required & researching new competitors as identified.
- Ensure all marketing & sales material is up to date, and reflective of the business in terms of quality; for both online and hard copies.
- Attend weekly marketing meetings to brainstorm ideas with the General Manager and Designer.
- Oversees all private events supported by 1 Assistant Events Manager & 1 Events Co-ordinator.
- Planning VIP and larger events.
- Attend the daily 10.30am meeting and 4.30pm meeting to run through the events for the day.
- Communicate daily with the Executive Chef & Head Chef and make sure they have all correct function sheets.
- Make sure the events team is up to date with all billings, invoicing and double check all bills post events.
- Oversees up to 30 events a week.
- Manage a team of up to 10 people along 1 Function manager and 2 Events Supervisor.
- Chair the weekly events meeting.
- Check events rotas
- Have at least 4+ years’ experience working within either a hospitality, arts or media environment as either events manager or marketing manager.
- Must have an outgoing, confident and bubbly personality.
- Be smart and well presented at all times.
- Must have a good understanding on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Sufficient experience of devising strategies to deliver growth and add value, in
- line with objectives,
- Significant experience of working towards annual financial targets,
- Considerable experience of devising effective marketing communications for new
- and existing audiences,
- You must have exceptional communication skills,
- The ability to channel and manage customer feedback effectively,
- The ability to work effectively with digital platforms and social media,
- The ability to create best practice tools and approaches for new work streams,
- You must have the ability to interact successfully at several social levels and across diverse values.
- Proficiency to carry out multiple assignments concurrently is desired.
- Competitive salary.
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year.
- Pension scheme.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Membership to other private members clubs within central London.
- Entertainment allowances
- And all the other things that get us excited such as staff parties, food and cocktail tasting and working alongside London’s best members.
No agency support required – direct candidates only please.
Please apply using the form above.