The Groucho Club is looking for an experienced Reception Manager to oversee our reception team. Our next Reception Manager needs to have proactive energy, a positive can-do attitude and friendly personality alongside all the other skills that make you a top employee. Why is this so important? Because all our employees are part of one team that all individually impact on the experience our members enjoy within the Club. That experience is what makes us unique.
- Ensure smooth running of the Reception department on a day to day basis with effective communication within and between departments
- Ability to act as a role model to all team members by showing a positive approach to team morale through excellent support and training.
- Excellent member service skills with a background of exceeding and maintaining the guests’ expectations.
- Creative approach in identifying new ways to improve the Reception.
- To support all activities of the Reception and Front Office department to maintain and improve the efficiency of the department in accordance with the Club and business goals.
- To maintain high visibility during peak times to ensure smooth operation, promotion of good public relations, and responsive action to member issues.
- To produce the weekly rota and ensure all timesheets are compiled and signed off.
- To manage the teams’ attendance, documenting lieu days, holidays and ensure the correct paperwork supports this.
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience working within either a hospitality or retail environment as either Reception Manager or Reception Supervisor.
- Must have an outgoing, confident and bubbly personality.
- Be smart and well presented at all times.
- Must have a good understanding on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Must have the ability to maintain professional self-control when dealing with uncommon and challenging circumstances.
- You must have exceptional communication skills.
- You should be focussed on delivering excellent customer service to our employees and our members.
- You must have the ability to interact successfully at several social levels and across diverse values.
- Proficiency to carry out multiple assignments concurrently is desired.
- Capability to adapt to changes in the environment is desired.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid holiday per year.
- Staff meals daily.
- Pension scheme.
- Recommend a friend scheme where you can earn up to £1000 to work with your friends.
- And all the other things that get us excited such as staff parties, food and cocktail tasting and working alongside London’s best members.
The Groucho Club is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
For further information on how your personal data is processed, please visit https://www.thegrouchoclub.com/gdpr-candidate-privacy-notice
No agency support required – direct candidates only please.
Simply apply using the form above or email firstname.lastname@example.org